The annual contests recognize and celebrate the best visual journalism produced over the last year. Photo Contest and Digital Storytelling Contest will open for entries on 2 December 2019.
World Press is the every year this is the constest for photo-journalist. Two contests will open, the Photo contest and the Digital storytelling one. Since 1955 the World Press Photo Contest has recognized professional photographers for the best pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism
The World Press Photo Contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism. Whether entered as singles or stories, these pictures are judged in terms of their accurate, fair, and visually compelling insights about our world.
Digital Storytelling Contest
The Digital Storytelling Contest, open to short documentary film and interactive productions, recognizes and rewards forms of visual storytelling enabled by digital technologies.
2020 contest timeline
- 2 December 2019: Contests open for entries 12.00 noon CET.
- 9 January 2020: Registration deadline. 12.00 noon CET.
- 14 January 2020: Submission deadline. Contest websites close 12.00 noon CET.
- 16 April 2020: Awards Show in Amsterdam.
- 17-18 April 2020: World Press Photo Festival in Amsterdam.